Your wedding – one of the most important days of your life. I remember my own ‘big day’ – it was amazing, but there was so much to take in. It all feels like a bit of a blur now, thinking back a few years. That’s why a beautifully made film of the highlights of your day can be such a precious thing to enjoy – both in the first weeks of married life, and in many years to come.
Rather than producing a two-hour ‘fly on the wall’ video, my style is to make a fifteen minute ‘highlights’ film that includes all the best bits. Fifteen minutes is actually a long time in movie terms, and can feature: the bridal entrance, the vows, lovely shots of your family and friends, the locations, reception, snippets from speeches and the first dance!
I have a cinematic style – meaning that I’d want your wedding to look good enough for the big screen. Part of the price is the many hours it takes me to look through the footage from the wedding and edit it down to a polished final product that captures things at their best.
I’m good at being discreet and tend not to give any direction, but I would always work with clients beforehand to ensure on getting those must-have moments. I don’t need to set up anything at the venue except a couple of tripods and possibly a light or two in the evening. The bulk of the day I would be floating around with my trusty Glidecam.
How does it work?
- I normally expect to be present for around six hours, which would cover the ceremony through to the first dance.
- I would create a short ‘teaser’ video that you can share online within 48 hours of the wedding.
- The film can be set to music of your choice. I usually ask clients to pick 4 favourite songs.
- You will receive a USB drive with the 15min film as well as a Blu-Ray.
- I charge travel expenses at 35p per mile from my base in East Lothian
- If the wedding venue is more than a two hour drive, I usually ask that accommodation is provided
Equipment and Production
The main kit I use for weddings:
- 2x Sony FS100 (full 1080p)
- Suit of Samyang cine prime lenses
- 2x tripods with Manfrotto fluid head
- Glidecam HD2000
- 2x Zoom H1s
- Zoom H4n
Sandy Butler Wedding film
Cost: £1000 (+travel)
- There are always magical moments during the morning preparations earlier on your wedding day (2 extra hours) – £150
- Equally as the evening goes on, you can’t beat capturing extra dancing and smiles that the celebrations bring (2 extra hours) – £150
- I can invite my fully licensed drone pilot along for those epic air shots. Perfect for beautiful locations and outdoor ceremonies. Minimum £150 + travel
- Sometimes the full film can be too long to show extended family and friends. I can also create a cut down 3 minute version – £80
Claire & Michael
“Sandy is a true professional and we were delighted that we chose him to be a part of our wedding! He captured so many special moments, whilst also remaining discreet. He managed to capture the atmosphere of the whole day and created a video which we will enjoy watching again and again. We would highly recommend Sandy to anyone looking for a videographer.”
Robyn & Cathal
“Can’t begin to thank you for creating our beautiful wedding video. We’ve watched it with all the family and everyone is totally blown away – there wasn’t a dry eye. It has so much emotion and happiness and takes us back to all the feelings of the day – the joy, excitement, laughter. And the way that you have brought the music, poetry and vows into the video is so beautiful and meaningful, bringing the day back to life. It’s like an actual movie! And we know it will bring all of our friends and family so much happiness – now, and in all the years ahead. Thank you so much!”
Alan & Cat
“We can’t thank Sandy enough for capturing our wedding day so wonderfully.
From the very beginning of the day until the end of the last song, Sandy was always there making sure not to miss the most important moments of the day.
His skills as a videographer are clear to see from the fact that our video is perfectly edited to match the song choices we gave him.
Friends and family have all commented on how emotional our film is and how it’s a beautiful lasting memory of our day.
It was clearly one of our best decisions to hire Sandy and i would happily recommend him to anyone contemplating booking a wedding videographer.”
Claire & Chris
“The quality of the video is incredible! It looks really professional and we really like the cinematic feel it has to it. We have seen some pretty mediocre wedding videos in the past. We love the use of focus and also the way you managed to capture some very natural moments. You were very discreet, there were shots taken when we weren’t even aware that you were there (hence the quality of the natural shots we think!). We really like the time lapse shots and also the shots of the room prep that you got, these were quite unexpected and a nice touch. You have given us something that we will truly cherish for ever and all we can say is thank you so much!”
Philip & Claire
“Thank you so much for being our photographer today. We were very impressed with your professionalism and easy manner. Thanks again for helping to make our special day memorable.”